Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Little Miss Red

Miss Red or Rudy (all the puppies have a reindeer name this time) is not keeping up with her siblings. She is very small. She started life at 1 lb 1 oz, then dropped to 15 oz. She stayed there for a couple days, then slowly gained to 1 lb 4 oz. But then she stopped. Last night I bottle fed her some puppy formula and gave her some alone time with Wilma. We did the same this morning, at lunchtime and after work. It must be helping because tonight she weighed in at 1 lb 5 oz. Still much smaller than the others, but at least she gained some weight. Wilma and I will be keeping an eye on her.

As for the others, they are little mooses! Six of them are over 2 lbs and and the other 4 are only 1 to 2 oz. away.

4 comments:

Leah said...

Oh... I hope she catches up! She is too adorable - I realllllly love the top picture. I'm rooting for her!

Jennifer and Flurry said...

I know that Miss Red will catch up. with her other siblings. She is cute.

Marilynn & Sherri said...

I'll say a little prayer for Rudy. You are such a good Mom and so is Wilma!!

Marilynn & Sherri said...

I forgot to say...the pups have is so good...nice soft blanket to sleep on, food at any time they desire and room to stretch out and sleep!
They are so cute!