Sunday, February 24, 2008

Family Background...

This is my first attempt at blogging. My hope is to capture the highlights of Wilma's first litter with a few entries each week. We'll see how it goes. I thought I'd start with some background information on Wilma.....

Wilma's parents are Abby and Swinger. Abby is a Paws breeding stock dog who was donated from a breeder and Swinger is a show dog. Both are full blooded golden retrievers. Wilma was born on April 6, 2006 and seven weeks later, she came to live with me. She was my 4th Paws puppy and the fluffiest little puffball I had ever seen!
.



Paws used the "Cartoon" theme for this small litter of two, "Wilma" Flintstone and Dennis "Mitchell", aka Dennis the Menace. Mitchell is currently in training at Paws HQ and is well on his way to becoming a service dog. Abby had another litter making Wilma a big half-sister to three little girls, who are also from a themed litter, "Harry Potter". Galleon, Seeker, and Figg are currently Paws Foster Puppies in training.
.
In June, 2007, Wilma was officially accepted into the Paws Breeding Program.
.

5 comments:

Marilynn & Sherri said...

What a cute puppy Wilma was and now a beautiful dog. We are excited to see her puppies and I'm sure she will be a great Mama.
Laura, the blog looks great and we look forward to more pictures and news.

jac said...

WOW!!!! I LOVE it...you do such good work, Laura. I can hardly wait for the next issue.

love, jac

Aunt Judy said...

How exciting Laura,
Congratulations. And what a surprise with the 11th pup coming along. I wish I was closer to share this great time with you. Wilma looks great and the puppies are cute as they can be. You made me a happy Great Aunt!!
Your blog really looks good to honey. I'm looking forward to more puppie pictures.
Love you,
Aunt Judy

jac said...

Whoopee!!! I KNEW she would be a great mom; she IS your dog, isn't she? These pictures are soooooo precious. You must be heart broken every time you have to leave her and them. I can't even imagine going through the birthing, cutting, tying, getting them to breathe that you went through. Well done, Laura. I'm so very proud of the first mom I know who delivered her own grandkids. Lots of love, Jacque.

Marilynn & Sherri said...

Rest in Peace Futon.
Laura, I can't wait until they are old enough to scamper all around. You will grow weary of counting them. lol