Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Puppies Soon

Wilma came home in early January and I could tell by her "glow" that she was pregnant. But it wasn't until 4 weeks later that my prediction was confirmed by her vet, who felt "several egg sized pups".

Over the next few weeks, Wilma grew bigger and bigger and hungrier and hungrier. Kramer lost his dinner more than once. He also lost his playmate. Poor Kramer! All Wilma wanted to do was sleep, eat, lay around, and did I mention eat? I started rubbing her tummy and talking to the puppies. Eventually, I could feel them move, which is very cool!

An x-ray was scheduled one week before her due date. I wanted to know about how many puppies to expect. Based on her size, I guessed she had a big litter of at least 5 or 6 puppies. But I never thought she was carrying a litter of 10! Ten puppies! And I saw each little skeleton. They were everywhere laying in every direction!

It's now 4 days before her due date. Wilma is huge! Everytime I touch her I can feel a puppy move. She's showing no signs yet, but right now, I'd be surprised if she can keep all those puppies in until Monday!

No comments: