Tuesday, February 26, 2008

A Surprise Breeding

Wilma's breeding in December came a little unexpectedly. We were both ready to fly off to sunny Arizonia to spend Christmas with my parents. But Wilma came into season 3 days before we were supposed to leave. Now what do I do…I thought I'd have to cancel my trip. But Paws said she could spend Christmas at the Paws HQ in Grand Rapids. So I flew off to the sun and left my golden girl behind to spend Christmas in the snow. It was a sad day and my friends and family in AZ was disappointed that Wilma couldn't be there.
There was Wilma, in season, at the Paws breeding kennels, with a cute male golden living next to her....and Paws was running short of puppies to train. The Paws staff decided to go ahead and breed her, even though the plan was to wait until her next season came around. They matched her with Wheatley, a younger man who was big and goofy, just like Wilma. It was love at first site!

No comments: