Sunday, March 23, 2008

Puppies in Jail

The little munchkins are walking around and starting to play. So I rearranged the nursery to make more room. Instead of being confined to the whelping box, the pups are now contained in a dog pen. They have 3 times more room to roam around, but they all seemed to gather at the end and beg to come out.



Wilma is doing much better. Her mastits wound looks good and her energy level is up. I put a couple t-shirts on her (as suggested by some Paws raisers) to cover up the milk bar and let her in with the pups after lunch. The goal was to have her clean up the pups and snuggle with them. Well, she cleaned up the food pan, then wanted out. She has lost all interest in the pups. She went from being a super good mom to not wanting anything to do with her babies. I'm now sure what to make out of that. But I guess I'll have to do the puppy snuggling.











1 comment:

Pogo said...

I am sure your Grandpups will get lots of snuggle time (especially after the visitors come). I am so glad to hear that Wilma is feeling better and the puppies are all doing well.

They are beautiful puppies. I would not expect anything less with Wilma's genetics being handed down to these little ones.

It is great fun to watch them grow and develop.