Thursday, March 13, 2008

Uncle Kramer

Kramer has been such a good boy during this whole crazy time. He spent delivery day locked in my bedroom. At one point, when there were several puppies crying and Wilma grunting with contractions, Kramer started whining and barking. I went in to see him, took him by the collar and led him to the nursery. I let him see the pups and Wilma. He reached down and licked Wilma on the head and she reached up and licked his chin. Marilyn and I melted! Then I put him back in the bedroom where he was pretty quiet the rest of the day. He just needed to know what was going on.

I’ve been letting him in the nursery more and more to see the pups. He stands at the edge of the box and cranes his neck as he sniffs the whole box over. Sometimes he reaches down and sniffs one of the pups or a pile of pups close up. And Wilma completely trusts him with her babies. He’s not really too interested in the pups, and the pups don’t know he’s there. But I know that someday they will love their Uncle Kramer.

Kramer jumps with excitement whenever Wilma comes out of the nursery. He grabs a toy and tries to get her to play. Of course when Wilma is out of the nursery, it’s either to eat, to potty, or to lay and rest. I keep telling him “Don’t worry Kramer, someday your sister will be back to her goofy playful self.”

No comments: